The Federal Work-Study program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.

If you’re interested in getting a Federal Work-Study job while you’re enrolled in college, make sure you apply for aid early. The Federal Work-Study Program award funds on a first come, first served basis.

Student Employment FAQ

How much can I earn?
You will earn the current federal minimum wage.
How will I be paid?
You are paid by the hour.
You will be paid directly and receive a paycheck on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Can I work as many hours as I want?
No. The amount you earn can’t exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. When assigning work hours, your employer will let you know how many hours you can work.
You cannot work during your schedule class time.
How do I apply?
  • Complete the Federal Work-Study application
  • Check with the Financial Aid Office for eligibility
  • Turn in the application to the Human Resources Office (Allen Hall, Rm 101)
Where can I work?
Students may work in departments and offices on campus, such as: Admissions Office, Financial Aid Office, Fitness Center, Math Lab, Records Office and the Red Zone

Meet the Staff


this is where we are

The Financial Aid Office is located in the Reardon One Stop of Florence Evans Hall

Business hours: 8-5 Monday – Friday
Primary Contact:
Telephone: 740-245-7218

Florence Evans Hall

Share This