The University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College is America’s unique private/public institution of higher education designed to provide learners the opportunity to attain a high quality, high-value education. Our personalized, learner-centered environment promotes successful lives, careers, and responsible citizenship.
Rio Grande Community College offers:
- Associate’s degrees for students in professional studies and the liberal arts and sciences, as well as certificates in career and technical
- The first two years of courses for bachelor’s degrees.
- Access to a broad array of courses at an affordable price.
- Developmental courses along with the necessary support to enhance academic skills.
- Appropriate business and industry partnerships and training for economic development in the surrounding four-county community college district.
- Linkages with high schools that promote uninterrupted high school to college articulation.
- Opportunities for community involvement in the decision- making processes.
- Additional location in Meigs, Jackson, and Vinton Counties to meet the needs of the local community.
The University of Rio Grande offers:
- Access to a broad array of associate, bachelor, and master degrees.
- An effective balance of career preparation, liberal arts, and practical training in a nurturing environment characterized by a focus on the unique needs of the individual.
- Opportunities for intellectual and personal growth in a close-knit campus community.
Both URG and RGCC are committed to:
- Encouraging the development and enhancement of integrity, morally and ethically responsible behavior, respect for diversity, and service learning among students and
- Nurturing basic professional values such as a hard work ethic, basic honesty, self-discipline, perseverance, interpersonal cooperation, and social responsibility among students and
- Providing equal opportunity for students and employees, whatever their age, gender, religious background, ethnic or cultural
- Providing opportunities for any student with special needs to receive an education equal to that of any other
- Offering courses though distance and distributed learning at the certificate, undergraduate, and graduate
- Providing opportunities for students, employees, and members of the communities served by the institutions to be engaged intellectually, aesthetically, socially, and physically outside the classroom
- Maintaining a highly motivated and academically qualified full-time faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching, advising, and personal
A Rio Grande education instills self-confidence and motivation and prepares students for the challenges of living a fulfilling life, reaching career and pre-professional goals, and being a responsible citizen in a culturally diverse, global community.