The Business Office is committed to providing timely and consistent accounting services to Rio Grande students, faculty and staff.
When you register for classes, please check your student space account within 48 hours to assure accuracy. All account balances are due the week prior to the start of the semester. For any unpaid balance there is a late fee assessed each month. It is your responsibility to check your account. If there are any questions or concerns please contact the Business Office. Our hours of operation are Mon-Fri, 8 am – 5 pm. We will however be open extended hours during the first week of class to accommodate students who still need to pay outstanding balances.
You will need to check your student space account weekly for any updates or changes. Do not wait on a paper bill to pay your account. If you cannot pay in full we have a payment plan available for the current semester. Any unpaid balances at the end of each semester will be subject to collections.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition rates, general fees, and course fees for the current school year can be found via the links below.
Important Notice Concerning Tax Forms!
The tuition tax form 1098T will be mailed by January 31. ECSI prepares these forms and mails them to the permanent address on file. If you would like to view your tuition information online, you can contact ECSI 1-866-428-1098 to get your login information. Or you can visit the ECSI website at https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/lookup and follow these steps:
- Enter University of Rio Grande in the search bar.
- Enter your Name, Social Security Number, and Zip Code in order to locate your tax forms
Tips for managing your Student Account
1. The student is responsible for all account balances.
2. The balance is due one week prior to the start of each semester.
3. The Business Office does not send paper bills. An account balance email is sent to student emails each month, for all unpaid balances.
4. All unpaid balances are subject to a 1.5% late payment fee each month, if not on a payment agreement with the Business Office.
5. Review your bills on your student space regularly! –charges and financial aid are subject to change at any time. Account balances will be emailed each month, following the late fee assessment. Balances unpaid by end of semester are subject to collection procedures. The student is responsible for all collection fee assessments. Delinquent halts are put on unpaid balances. When you have a delinquent halt, you cannot register for new semesters, nor can you access transcripts, grades, or diplomas. No information is released until there is a zero balance on your account.
6. Make sure you complete a FERPA consent form, if you want Rio to discuss your account with anyone besides yourself!!!!
7. For third party organizations paying for student; an authorization for specified items (tuition and fees, books, housing, etc.) must be submitted to the Business Office before the semester begins.
8. Refunds are mailed to the permanent address on file with the University, on Fridays. If you live in a dorm AND have a post box on campus, your refund check will be put in campus mail. No pick-ups.
9. Make sure permanent addresses are updated with the Registrar’s office whenever you move. Refunds and 1098T tax forms are mailed to the permanent address on file.
10. Drops and withdrawals—you will be charged add/drop fees per course starting the first day of the semester.
11. Federal financial aid is EARNED by attending class and successful completion. If you attend and then stop, drop, or withdraw, your financial aid may be pro-rated and returned back to the government per federal return policies. This may leave you owing a large balance because charges do not reduce! In order for you to safely drop or withdraw from courses after you have attended, please see the Financial Aid and Business Offices for important dates.
12. Advanced room deposits are non-refundable, but will be credited toward your account if you attend and live on campus.
13. If you have questions or concerns about charges or financial aid on your account, please contact the Business office (740-245-7226) or Financial Aid (740-245-7218).
Important policy information for Business Office (billing) can be found in the student handbook on page 21, in the catalog on pages 9-10, and on the website under Directory>Department> Business Office. Important dates are on the website under the links for Calendars, and Course Schedules.
The Accounts Payable department processes payments for the University’s various bills. The Accounts Payable Staff creates Purchase Orders from requisitions by the faculty and staff on campus. They place the orders when necessary and process the payments when invoices are received. The Accounts Payable department also writes the student refund checks and the faculty and staff travel reimbursement checks.
This department also ensures the proper recording of any gifts and pledges that the University receives. The Accounts Payable staff can be reached as follows:
The Accounts Receivable department provides many services for students. The Accounts Receivable staff updates student accounts daily by applying charges, fines and financial aid. They also prepare and send bills to current and past-due students, and can answer any questions or concerns students may have about their accounts. They can also set students up on payment plans, and process payments from third party providers on a student’s behalf (including Sallie Mae and VA Benefits). In addition, on a weekly basis they run student accounts to find accounts with credit balances and process refund/overage checks for those balances. You can reach the Accounts Receivable Staff as follows:
The new One-Stop Shop in the Florence E Evans Hall has a representative from the Business Office, as well as representatives from the Records Office, Financial Aid Office, and the Admissions Office. Four important offices for students, all in one convenient location. It is in the One-Stop Shop that you can make payments to your bill, pick up your Financial Aid Overage Check, and get answers to questions about your account.
Request for Proposals
Procurement of Services
No requests as of October 22, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
To check your student e-mail
Your user name for O365 mail is your full e-mail address:
S followed by your student ID number followed firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check your student account
Click on the Student Space located at the top of the page (it is located next to the mail icon)
Your user name is: your student ID number. (Example: 300123456)
Contact Admission or Campus Networking for your password.
To check your student invoice on Student Space:
“Please change here to view information in other semesters: Please Choose”
If the semester you want to see is not listed, click Please Choose.
Click on Edit and set the Default Semester to the requested semester, and then click SAVE.
This will take you back to the Student Information Page.
Click on the “My Account” tab to see your account for the requested semester.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Business Office, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 740-245-7226.
this is where we are
The Business Office is located in Florence Evans Hall
University of Rio Grande
Business Office F-26
PO Box 500
Rio Grande, Ohio 45674-0500
Accounts Receivable Phone: 740-245-7557
Accounts Payable Phone: 740-245-7229
Business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Primary Contact: email@example.com